Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bulletin Boards

Last year I felt like one of my (many) areas for growth in my job was the planning and use of bulletin boards. In fact, I can't really remember what I did with my bulletin board space for most of last year.

This year I have tried to be more intentional. I planned one to start the school year, and I figured out that if I keep the first one up until the end of September, then do a fall one for October and November and a winter one for December and January, I can avoid having to change my bulletin board during my busy seasons, like book fair and Christmas break. I haven't quite decided what to do for second semester, but here are the three from this year so far. I've painted on my bulletin boards twice this year, and I liked the result, although it is a little scary because if it turns out crummy I have to pull the whole thing down and start from scratch. So far I haven't had to do that (Phew!).

"A-B-Sea Read with Me"

"Fall into a Good Book"
[After I took this picture, I added some laminated pictures of book covers and had them leaning on the tree and on the pumpkins.]

"Reading in a Winter Wonderland"


No comments:

Post a Comment