Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Placement

Our pastor made a statement in his sermon on Sunday that grabbed hold of me and won't let go.

"He (Jesus) places you where it pleases Him."

I don't want to get too hung up on free will and my choices vs. God's placement of me in situations, but I like the reframe I hear in this statement.

My church, my home and my work are places where Jesus has placed me for this moment in time. Acknowledging that, and embracing the idea that He has me here for His pleasure and His purposes allows me to relax a little. I can stop wondering what's next, or what's going to be 10 steps down the road. I don't have to wonder if there's something else I am supposed to be doing or somewhere else I am supposed to be. I can focus on this step - this place - and just be.

Other circumstances that I might not like as much - health issues, difficult seasons at work, etc. - don't change the fact that I am where I am supposed to be for today. And it pleases Him to have me here - whether that is to teach me something or to allow me to help someone else, I can find at least peace if not pleasure myself where I am. I can do the best I am able and then stop striving for something else or something more.

Jesus places you where it pleases HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment