Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inspired by .... character

This weekend, my husband picked up a copy of ESPN the Magazine, primarily because it was highlighting fantasy football, but also because of the cover - Aaron Rodgers. For those who aren't in the know, Rodgers is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, taking over after Favre was traded to the Jets (and then to the Vikings - don't get me started on that!).


I was skeptical at first about Rodgers, but he grew on me. I liked how he stayed quiet - none of the ego you usually see in the NFL - and did his job. The interview in this issue just solidified my respect of Rodgers. I find his work ethic and character to be inspiring. How many people - especially in the public spotlight - face adversity and disappointment by digging in, working hard, and staying quiet? Rodgers is an inspiration and I am looking forward to watching him lead the Packers again this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment