Saturday, August 28, 2010

Inspired by... possibilities

More possibilities. My son and I had a painting day over the summer - something we used to do a few times a year when he wasn't in school. My goal was to transform some clipboards for my writing club students. My son wanted to paint space ships and tanks. A blank canvas is full of possibilities. 

I was inspired by this green paper with its blue and pink flowers and a hint of a bright yellow. I would cover all sorts of things with this paper if I could (I think it is by the company BoBunny). Instead of doing a bunch of things, though, I put it on a clipboard (painted pink) and sealed it under several coats of Modge Podge. Hopefully that means I can get a lot of use out of it, and continue to be inspired by those colors together.

The Star Wars clipboard was for my son. I was going to make another one for my Club kids, but the paper I chose had too many weapons on it for school, so they got a more generic Star Wars one. 

Blank tan clipboards transformed into this: 

Possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment