Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trust, Delight, Commit

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

Psalm 37:3-6


I'm doing a lot of wondering these days. I am waiting for some decisions to be made at work and the implications of those decisions to start falling into place.

Until that happens, I feel stuck. Trapped. That leads to wake-in-the-night-stomach-twisting stress.

I'm trying to do what I can to be prepared for whatever will come. I run alternate scenarios through my mind. I plot out budgets based on different criteria. I imagine various outcomes and check my "gut" response to each.

But the answers are on someone else's time table, so I wait.

I found this devotional thought in my inbox the other day. It stopped me in my tracks. It felt like God poked me on the shoulder and told me to pay attention.

In all my wonderings and scenarios, it comes to this:

I have no control over the choices being made. I can only "roll my burdens on the Lord." And I've known that all along. But here was the part that got me - "letting Him take what you want and exchange it for what He wants for you instead."

Trust - trust that God will sort things out and will help me make wise choices in light of the outcomes

Delight - focus more on HIm and less on me or on the circumstances I can't control

Commit - commit, yield, roll my questions/scenarios/wonderings to Him and wait.... And trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment