Thursday, November 5, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I am taking the plunge this year. I thought about doing it last year and then determined I was too busy. But this is the year I try National Novel Writing Month. Crazy, huh? The idea is to compose a 50,000 word novel - from start to finish - in the month of November. Over 100,000 people are signed up to give it a try this year, and I am one of them. I started writing on Sunday and plan to put an update here every Saturday to track how it is going. If I am staying on track, I should be at around 12,500 words by Saturday. We shall see....

2 comments:

  1. WOW! 100,000 novels being written in one month?! I love that idea!

    I wish I had more time to pull something together and join your endeavor. Maybe I could write a little every night before I fall asleep and see how far I get that way. Probably nowhere near 50,000 words . . . but at least I'd be part of the movement. ;) I'm looking forward to your documented progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a little break today, but I hop back into my characters minds Saturday morning. I'm hoping to hit 12,500 tomorrow, too. See you on my buddy page. :)

    ReplyDelete