Thursday, September 8, 2011

Observations

I am convinced that an elementary school cafeteria would be a great location for a psychological/ sociological study. Every day at school, I am fascinated by watching the students in the lunch room. 

Who sits with whom? 
Why are the kids who were inseparable last year now sitting at different tables? 
What is the difference between the sixth grade boys who huddle together day after day and the ones who integrate with the girls? 
How do these students eat when they are at home? 
Do they clean up after themselves at home any better than they do at school?
What do different parents send for school lunches?

I'm telling you, the elementary cafeteria is fascinating! I may not be actively using my psychology degrees, but those corners of my brain are getting a work out nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment