Saturday, March 23, 2013

52 Lists - List Your Current and Future Goals

It's time for the "Week Four" list for 52 Lists. This has been one of my favorites. In fact, I left extra pages in my journal where I am writing these so I can keep adding to my lists.

Here are a few of my goals that I recorded:


  • Work diligently now so I can take June and July off
  • Develop systems for the library to help next year go smoothly
  • Organize my book shelves (DONE)
  • Be under ___ lbs by my dr appointment (did not meet this one)
  • Write a book
  • Get a graduate degree in Children's Literature
  • Cultivate our home to have less clutter and more space to move around

This is only a sampling - I always have goals and tasks I am working on or hoping for the future. I like seeing them in writing, even if there are some that I missed.

Going over my list again made me think of this blog post by Jon Acuff. There is some great stuff in here about dealing rationally with that voice inside you that says your goal/dream is ridiculous and will never happen. I walked through his process with my graduate school dream and I feel like it helped me think through the logistics that can help me eventually move this dream towards reality. I hope you will check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment