Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspired by.... books for children

If you've ever ready my other blog, you will know that I like books for children - picture books and books for middle grade readers are my favorites. 


This year I am coordinating our school's Scholastic Book Fair and I couldn't be more excited (or inspired)! The theme this year is Superheros. I can't wait to connect children (and families) to books and through their purchases build classroom libraries and the school's.


I know what an impact a good book can make - I talk to adults who remember their own book fair experiences, or who remember certain books fondly. I talk to kids whose eyes light up when get them talking about a book series they love. Those sorts of moments and conversations inspire me to keep reading and keep sharing about books.

No comments:

Post a Comment