Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful for... students

When I started Writing Club this year, I knew it would be different - a different structure, different kids, different plan. And the first couple days we met, only a few students came. Word was still getting out that we were meeting again. And it just didn't feel the same. I wondered if it ever would.

Now that we are a few months into things, we are on a roll. We have a good number of students regularly participating. The energy in the room when they are writing and talking is infectious. I love listening to their passion as they share their ideas and the things they are working on. They challenge me to be at my best when I am with them - I can't just "phone it in." And I don't want to - they are worth my time and best effort.

I am so thankful for my students and the role they play in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment