Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful for...passions

I am passionate about many things - paper crafts, cross stitch, reading, books, kids and books, writing, my family, my son's school, advocacy for kids, education, .... The list goes on and on. 

At times those passions border on obsession or compulsion. Like anything, they can have a "dark" side. But when kept in balance, they are the things that make life interesting. They are the things that make people interesting. Find someone with a similar passion and feel the energy change in a conversation as you connect over that shared passion. Watch someone "in their element," doing their thing, watch their face light up with that passion - it is inspiring.

I am thankful that I have found things in life to be passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment