Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Year in Review - Part 3

Every January, I set goals for the coming year. This past January, my goals were plentiful, broken down into monthly and quarterly components.

It was a beautiful example of ambition and organization.

It was also ridiculously over the top - too many things, too much pressure, trying to change too much at one time. Within a month or two I had to scale it back. And I still hardly met any of my goals for the year.

What I've Learned
Simple is better. One or two goals to start the year is more manageable. (No goals at all would be even more manageable, but I don't know if I could pull that off....)

Also, if I don't revisit my goals - whatever they are and however many there might be - I will forget them and not pursue them. Maybe a creative/visual project would help like it has with my word of the year....

1 comment: