Saturday, May 7, 2011

Most Influential Books - Part 2

I mentioned Thursday that I was going to highlight some of the books that have been influential in my life. Here are numbers 15 though 11.

15) The Sword (Book 1, Sons of Destiny series) - Yeah, I know. This is the sort of book that you carry through the library surrounded by other books because it looks like one of those books. And truly, it is steamier than my usual reading fare. But I was completely entranced by the world the author built and the story of this family of brothers that she created. This was a series I was reading from the library, but when it got to be too long of a wait to get the next book in the series, I went out and bought the whole kit and caboodle for myself. The series is another great example of plotting over individual stories as well as a larger story arc for the series.  The Sword (Sons of Destiny)

14) Clean and Simple Scrapbooking - This book was written by one of my favorite scrapbookers. Cathy is sassy and fun, and her design style is simple and classic. This book, and its sequel, really spoke to me and affirmed my simple, linear style of scrapbooking as well as helped me with design ideas and principles. Clean And Simple Scrapbooking: Ideas for Design, Photography, Journaling & Typography 

13) PS, I Love You - I read this book as a teenager - you really have to work at getting copy of it anymore. I don't remember much about the plot, but I remember how much I loved it. I read it over and over and over again. I thought it was beautiful and perfect. I would love to write things that connect with kids like this book connected with me. PS I Love You (Sweet Dreams Series #1)

12) The Monster at the End of this Book - This was the one book I insisted my son have in his library. I remember it fondly from my childhood. I love books that engage the reader and also ones that are funny. This book is still a favorite. The Monster at the End of this Book (Sesame Street) (Big Little Golden Book)

11) The Three Musketeers - I never read books like this. Never. I avoid anything labeled "literature" or "classic." But I read - and loved - all of it (and it was the unabridged version, so there was a lot to love!) This challenged me to be more open-minded about what I read. The Three Musketeers (Oxford World's Classics)


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment