Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Priorities

My father has been moved home for hospice care. This has changed so many things for me, I hardly know where to start. But one thing that has changed would be priorities. Things that seemed so important a month ago - or emails or tweets or whatever - are things I don't have much time or energy for these days. I am getting a crash course in simplifying to the essentials.


I am trusting that some day I will look back on this season and be able to see the learning that comes from it. Today, I am just tired.

2 comments:

  1. May God grant you the strength to be present in the moment, the courage to love hard with every second you're granted, the space to process however you need, and the abundant love to stand right where you are.

    You are loved and lifted up.
    --Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joy. That was perfect.

    ReplyDelete