Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Most Influential Books - Part 3

And the list marches on. Here are numbers 10 through 6.

10) 32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny - I discovered this author and this book the year I taught second and third graders part time. It completely normalized my experiences in the classroom and inspired me to keep showing up, day after day. 32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny: Life Lessons from Teaching 

9) Please Understand Me - I love the Myers Briggs. It has its critics, but I have found it to be a useful tool for groups as well as self-discovery. I use the principals of the Myers Briggs, and also the temperament theory Keirsey outlines in this book, every day as I learn about myself and relate to others. Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence 

8) The Westing Game - Brilliant mystery. Amazing plotting with an abundance of twists and turns. My husband and I each brought a copy into our marriage. I can't wait until my son is old enough to enjoy it.

7) The Phantom Tollbooth - Another favorite book from my childhood. I loved the puns, the word play and the fantastic world Juster devised. My favorite version, though, is the audio book done by David Hyde Pierce - perfection! The Phantom Tollbooth

6) Grime and Punishment - One of the first cozy mysteries I ever read. It was the beginning of a delightful journey of reading that led to Mary Daheim, Tim Myers, Kate Collins, Donna Andrews, Joanna Carl, Joanne Fluke and many, many others. Grime and Punishment (Jane Jeffrey Mysteries, No. 1)

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazone from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment