Saturday, January 28, 2012

Twelve

In December, at a moment when I decided I needed something.... different, I saw that Stacy Julian was teaching a new class at Big Picture Classes. I was ready for something new - a new creative challenge. It wasn't cheap, and even though we are in the fourth week and I have yet to make one scrapbook page, it has been completely worthwhile.


I am loving the creative prompts and the system/process we are walking through.


I've been printing my pictures most months on schedule, but they mostly sit in their envelopes like this. But this class pushed me to at least put them in order.


There are 12 areas we are focusing on - like holidays, people, things, rituals, etc. So I have been putting ideas and pictures and other doodads in categories.


The only problem I have run into is the fact that I print pictures once a month, so I take pictures now for new layouts I want to do, but I can't do them until I print the pictures. I finally got smart and made a list by category of pages I can do in February when I have my pictures and what I can do with the pictures I have now. 


Just this bit of sorting I've done the last couple weeks has been refreshing. Maybe this weekend I'll actually get some pages made.


I'll post some more nuggets from the class later - some especially good stuff in class this week that works with my word for the year, "Savor."

No comments:

Post a Comment