Saturday, February 23, 2013

Living Water

The pastor's sermon on Sunday was about the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4 and her conversation with Jesus. This is when Jesus basically says a person can come to that physical well every day for a little water or can tap into Living Water that is available from Christ.

In my sermon notes I wrote, "Do I live like I have access to an abundant supply of living water? Or do I live at a deficit - feeling dry and empty and used up? How does that get changed? How do I turn on the faucet? Is it awareness? Closeness? Asking for it? Am I content to keep living dry with only a cup here and there? Or am I ready to live at a different level of spiritual hydration?"

I am hopeful that my daily practice of devotional and Bible reading will help me move towards this abundance. There's too much of the school year left for me to be this weary - I need an infusion of energy. I want to finish this school year well - and there's a lot of work to do if I'm going to be able to take a real break this summer and refresh before next year. I am longing for the abundance of Living Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment