Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Quote

The writing-well is dry these days, at least if I'm going to write about something other than books. So, today I'm just going to share a quote I found in my devotional reading last week.

I am using the Bible in One Year app and they quoted Elizabeth Kubler-Ross last week:

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

Good stuff, right? This winter has felt really "dark." It's not even been a "bad" winter per se, but I find myself struggling to get out of bed and to feel motivated to do much of anything outside my own space or my own head. I'm not sure if it is just a "normal" seasonal low - something I've not consciously dealt with before - or if it is a delayed grief - a low-energy season because we kept such a frantic pace for a couple years. I feel like I have to work more to stoke that light from within right now. I'm really counting on that groundhog business being right this year - I am hoping that some signs of spring will help me perk up some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment