Thursday, May 30, 2013

#Bookaday Challenge

Teacher and author, Donalyn Miller (author of The Book Whisperer which is on my summer reading list) has hosted a book-a-day challenge for the past few years. You can read about the challenge here.

I have decided to join the group this year - this sort of challenge is right up my alley. I love that I can read whatever I want - books for school, professional books, books for adults, books I've already read. It doesn't matter. Of course, it will help my school life in the fall - and my shelf-bowing to-be-read stacks - if I read things I haven't read before. But I have some "comfort books" I love to revisit when I have free time. And I am hoping for a LOT of free time this summer.

Teachers are officially done on the 4th of June, but I've given myself the rest of that week to work. I know me. I will use this week to do a full inventory of the library. I've never done one before so I don't know how long that will take. Then I have some year end cleaning or sorting to do next week. And, as always, I have books to catalog and process for the library. So I will start the challenge on the 10th of June. And I've already told my son we might have to head back to school the first of August to start getting ready for the new year. So I'll wrap up the challenge (officially, at least) on the 31st of July. So, that's 52 days. And 52 books.

It sounds delightful! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment