Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project Life 2011

    Crafty blogs have been buzzing for weeks about Project Life 2011. You can see a video about it here. This sort of thing appeals to my organizational nature and also to the type of scrapbooker I have become.

When my son was born, I scrapbooked everything. If I took a picture of it, it got glued to a piece of paper and put in a book. It was fun, it was creative, and it was exhausting. I couldn't keep it up. So I stopped.

Then I took some classes at Big Picture Classes and I realized that I could record stories and feelings as they occurred or as I was inspired. I could also leave pictures out or not even print them. It was liberating. 

When I saw Becky Higgins explain this kit in the video I posted above, I thought this was a perfect method of scrapbooking for those who don't have time or the inclination to scrapbook but who want their pictures - and maybe their stories - in a book where they could be enjoyed. 

Simple. Coordinated. Lovely.

Amazon is sold out of the kits right now - I don't even know what they cost. But they are supposed to be back in stock "soon" - maybe by the end of the month. Check them out if you are looking for something like this in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment