Thursday, February 24, 2011

Productivity Tips

Here are two blog posts from Michael Hyatt, the CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers that I label "productivity" tips. The first is about crafting a good blog entry. I think having a plan or a format for your blog is helpful. I recently switched to a new format on my book blog, and I am happy with the results. This blog is a little "loosey-goosey" still, and I haven't found a format I like just yet.

The second is a post about saying "no." Always a good tip - especially in days like these when we have so many things vying for our time and attention. I especially like the first one - waiting to say yes or no. I have seen this work well with teens - at least in my work with those in group homes (that waiting often clued me in to manipulations or conflicts I did not see at first) and I know it would have kept me out of some awkward situations in the past when I have had to back out of things I have agreed to (then later wished I hadn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment