Saturday, February 12, 2011

Productivity

Spent some time this week with this blog entry from Ali Edwards.

In this entry, she talks about her daily schedule as she works from home with two children - one school-aged and one not. I brought back a lot of memories of the days of working from home with my son. It sounds like a great gig - and it is, if you can get it - but it has it's own challenges like balance (when am I working and when am I parenting?).

I really liked some of the quotes Ali included in her entry:
"Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." ~ Diane Ackerman


These are the sorts of thoughts I am living with these days. Truly, I have been living with them for months. What am I here to do? Where should I put my energy? What do I do with my varying interests and passions?


What do you think of these quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment