Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reading in 2010 - part 3

A few observations from the last 3.5 years of recording my reading

1) It's easy for me to read a lot when I read my favorite types of books - picture books and middle-grade fiction. Judging by the first month I recorded by reading, I was reading a lot of books, looking for things my son and nieces would like to read. We found a lot of fun books that summer - Stink Moody, Judy Moody, Princess Power series, No Talking, Faithgirlz Blog On series, and Magic Tree House.

2) I read a lot of superhero stories, mysteries, princess tales, fractured fairy tales, and stories with an element of the unusual/magical/paranormal.

3) I like to read series from the beginning. If I pick up a book from the middle, I'll stop reading and go back to the first one so I can start from the beginning.

4) Going back through my journals is a treat when I am reminded of books I have enjoyed but also have forgotten about -  The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Prophecy of the Stones: A NovelPrincess AcademyThe Wednesday Wars32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny: Life Lessons from TeachingThe Will of WisteriaHidden TalentsHe Came with the Couch... and so many others!

I'm so happy I started keeping track of what I read so I can enjoy the memories of discovering new reading treats over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment