Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bring on the Holidays

And by "holidays" I really mean Christmas. I know, Thanksgiving is still a couple weeks away, but I am ready to start the Christmas preparations NOW.

Sure, I am one of those people who starts thinking about (and shopping for) Christmas in September (and then chewing on my nails, trying to keep from spilling all my Christmas secrets in October). But I usually want to get through Thanksgiving before starting on Christmas. Not this year. This year I want to start now. I want to draw in and pour on the magic of Christmas. 

This year has been emotionally horrible. I am perpetually aware that a year ago we were prepping for a trip home for Thanksgiving to see Dad in person for the first time since he started his chemo regimen. So much has happened since then, and so much of it sad. 

I am ready for some happy. 

I am ready for some magic. 


I am ready for some Christmas.


So, don't judge me if you hear me humming Christmas carols two weeks before Turkey Day, or snuggling under a blanket watching Christmas movies on my day off. I am so thankful our family calendar ends in months of birthdays and holidays because 2011 really needs to finish strong to balance out its beginning. 


Merry Christmas season to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment