Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Picture Book Idea Month

You can say it. It's okay. I know.


I am crazy.


I am always starting new things when I have entirely too much to do in the first place. 


In the midst of starting a new job and planning Book Fair back in September/October, I signed up for two online classes.


Now, I signed on for Picture Book Idea Month. It's sort of like National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) where writers work for 30 days to write 50,000 words. (I did it in 2009 - follow the link if you want to know more). This time the goal is to come up with 30 picture book ideas in 30 days.


I love picture books. In fact, November is Picture Book Month, so the timing is perfect. I don't know if I'll come up 30, but I like the idea of giving it a try. And the resources and camaraderie online is fun.


If you want to join me, click the PiBoIdMo badge on the right hand side of my blog and check out the blog there - guest bloggers, prizes, and more.


So, do you have a favorite picture book?

No comments:

Post a Comment