Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hell Hath No Fury

I despise my cable company right now. There's only one in our area, so they can pretty much do whatever they want. The path of least resistance is to accept them and their ridiculously inflated rates and their bills that go up by $10 on a whim.

I called them several weeks ago to see if I could sign up for a promotion that would get us a more reasonable rate. The rep I spoke to was very nice, found me a deal, and we were all set to go.

Then my next bill arrived. There was no new rate, no prorated bill for the transition to the new rate or any mention of a change whatsoever. So I called them.

They had no record of the previous conversation at all, not to mention my new rates. I had to ask for a supervisor because the rep didn't want to deal with me since my name is not on the account (this has never been a problem in the 15 years we have had service with these people). This is not the first time I have called, worked out a new deal, and then had to call back and start from scratch because there is no record of the call or revised plan.

I. Am. Done.

I don't care what we have to do or who we have to call, but we will be replacing our cable service with something else in the immediate future. And all my Facebook friends and twitter followers have heard the story by now, too.

Customer service matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment