Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Balance

I find myself longing for the summer vacations of the past - of sleeping late, curling up on a chair with a book, playing games with my son. Last summer, we weren't home much and when we were, I was still trying to keep a part time job that had been graciously flexible with me as I dealt with the death of my father and dealing with his estate.

It would be too easy to fall into that same pattern this summer. There's plenty to keep me busy, plenty of projects to work on. And my son is a good sport about the work we have been doing so far this summer. But I feel like this is a critical juncture. I feel like I HAVE to get this balance thing right this summer. Summer break is too short and school will start before we know it. Once August gets here, summer will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment