Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Spirit

"Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord Almighty." ~ Zechariah 4:6

Our pastor preached on this passage a couple weeks ago and it has hung with me since then. I feel like this is a message for me regarding school, especially this year.

My general nature is to charge through things on my own. God has given me gifts and skills and opportunities, and I just need to meet them. I prefer to just muscle through, put in the work, and make things happen.

But I know this isn't always the best way.

Sometimes I say yes to things I should say no to, which makes either more work or less time or both.

Sometimes I wear myself down trying to do things in my own strength, depriving myself of the power available to me from the Lord to do the things He has asked me to do.

This year, I want to try to remember this. I want to incorporate this principle into my life, both at school and at home. Less might. Less of my own "power." More Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment