Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Little Word 2013

It's time to pick my word for 2013.... I'm having trouble settling on one.

It doesn't help that I picked several last year before sticking with one. I tried all sorts of I'm-getting-my-stuff-together goals and plans last January that didn't even make it to February.

This year, I at least want to have my word, even if I don't set any other goals or plans.

I thought about keeping last year's word - SAVOR. It's still a good one and still something I need to remember.

But I'm contemplating the word SLOW for this year.
SLOW down
Take things SLOW
SLOW down my thoughts
SLOW down my plans
SLOW down my pace
SLOW down my expectations

Don't rush through the moment or the day or the week...or my life.

SLOW.


What do you think? Do you pick a word? You can read a smidge about the practice of choosing a word here - this is a link for a class that focuses some activities on the word. I have thought about taking it, but I never finish those because I get too busy. So I'm going to save my money this year, but there I still love the idea of picking a word... You can also go here to read some of my musings on past words I've chosen (and some I've chosen and later discarded).

If you are picking a word, I'd love to know what it is. Feel free to share in the comment section below.

Happy 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment