Saturday, January 9, 2010

Best Intentions

I have talked already this year about some of my goals for 2010. What I didn't mention was how I did on my goals and plans for 2009. In a word, lousy.

In 2009 I wanted to
  • Journal more - at least once a week. I did not do this. At least a third of my journal is empty.
  • Blog regularly - This was actually a good goal for me. Even with adding new blogs, I stayed on a good schedule.
  • Send my son to private school this school year. Thanks to a lot of help, we were able to do this. It is a wonderful environment for him. While I haven't written it down, it is a goal to have him there again this fall.
  • Submit 15 pieces of writing. Progress? Zero. Pathetic, really. It all comes down to fear.
  • Lose 20 pounds. Everyone has goals like this. I did not do anything to make this happen.
  • Cut debt in half. This did not happen either.
  • Complete writing Bible study in January. I did this. It was really good. I have another one I hope to do this year.
  • Finish Write is a Verb with my SIL. We did this. This was also a really good resource. We are working on Plot and Structure right now, although we took a break for NaNoWriMo and the holidays.
  • Memorize 12 passages of Scripture. I started with a big one - 1 Corinthians 13 - and only made it half way through before quitting.
  • Read Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia and at least half of my TBR (to be read) stash. I read Harry but that was it.
  • Laugh, play, write, read, teach, learn, pray, move,listen, sing, create, hug, save, remember. I would liked to have created, wrote and saved more, but essentially this was a good list and 2009 was a great year.

I hope to do a little better with my goals for 2010, but I think it is better to have made a plan and only completed part of it than to have had no aspirations at all and lived up to them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I actually think you did really good! Those are a TON of goals (at least to me, LOL). You accomplished some great things. I hope you do just as well this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jessica. My expectations are always a little over the top! =-)

    ReplyDelete