In 2009 I wanted to
- Journal more - at least once a week. I did not do this. At least a third of my journal is empty.
- Blog regularly - This was actually a good goal for me. Even with adding new blogs, I stayed on a good schedule.
- Send my son to private school this school year. Thanks to a lot of help, we were able to do this. It is a wonderful environment for him. While I haven't written it down, it is a goal to have him there again this fall.
- Submit 15 pieces of writing. Progress? Zero. Pathetic, really. It all comes down to fear.
- Lose 20 pounds. Everyone has goals like this. I did not do anything to make this happen.
- Cut debt in half. This did not happen either.
- Complete writing Bible study in January. I did this. It was really good. I have another one I hope to do this year.
- Finish Write is a Verb with my SIL. We did this. This was also a really good resource. We are working on Plot and Structure right now, although we took a break for NaNoWriMo and the holidays.
- Memorize 12 passages of Scripture. I started with a big one - 1 Corinthians 13 - and only made it half way through before quitting.
- Read Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia and at least half of my TBR (to be read) stash. I read Harry but that was it.
- Laugh, play, write, read, teach, learn, pray, move,listen, sing, create, hug, save, remember. I would liked to have created, wrote and saved more, but essentially this was a good list and 2009 was a great year.
I hope to do a little better with my goals for 2010, but I think it is better to have made a plan and only completed part of it than to have had no aspirations at all and lived up to them.