Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentine's Day Crafts - day 2



At my son's school last year, they  had to make a Valentine's box. We made this one out of a paper mache box from Hobby Lobby and some Styrofoam balls, paint and pipe cleaners. It won 3rd place. 




Not to be outdone, I decided to make one for my classroom, too. (I taught part time last year.) I love Grover and this was pretty simple to make. This was a Kleenex box that I spray painted blue. Then I cut one long side so it opens, like Grover's mouth. Styrofoam balls, paint and pipe cleaners helped me out, too.

 

We used this idea from Family Fun magazine for my son's Valentines. The hardest part was finding the candy! The rest is just gray carstock and adhesive.


And I made these for my students. I typed up a simple message, printed them, cut them out, and matted them with black cardstock. I stamped and heat embossed the owl. (The stamp is from Hero Arts.)


We are still waiting to see what this year's teacher will do for Valentine's Day. We may be making another box! My son has already decided to print up the owl valentines and book marks I posted on Thursday to give to his friends. Simple and inexpensive but still cute and fun! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment