Tuesday, February 23, 2010

These Days - part 1

I know there are a few of you out there who follow my ramblings here. Did you notice nothing got posted on Saturday? Yeah, I forgot to blog.

Pretty crazy considering how anal careful I am about that. But last week got away from me. I started a new part time job last week and while the hours are completely reasonable and I am enjoying the work, the whole thing has sort of knocked me off kilter.

Two weeks ago, if someone had asked me how I spend my time, I would have listed off bunches of things - blogging, 3 email accounts, household chores, writing, Writing Club, a writing course, subbing, etc.

Last week I realized how much of what I did was busy-work, done out of guilt for being at home. I didn't want anyone to think that I was a total slacker, letting my husband work 45+ hours a week while I sat around reading books and doing whatever I pleased. So I made myself busy.

But now that I have a "real" job outside the home, all of the things that I did to be busy and to feel productive have lost their meaning. The goals I set for 2010 have lost some momentum because I feel my life is heading in a completely new direction now....

Now that I have recognized those things, I'm trying to figure out what to do with this revelation. Come back Thursday and see if I have come up with anything! Or leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment