Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nostalgia Week - Cottage Cheese

I know - cottage cheese, right? How weird is that? But I have a serious thing for cottage cheese at this one particular restaurant.

Every table automatically gets a bowl of cottage cheese, a bowl of kidney beans and a basket of breadsticks to help you pass the time while waiting for your meal. When we go, I get one bowl of cottage cheese, and the rest of the table has to get their own. Ever since I was 4 or 5 years old, I have had a crazy attachment to this cottage cheese. My mom tried to replicate the recipe, but never could get it just right. The owner would smile when she asked for it, but he never told her. I never get tired of the stuff and look forward to having it at least once a year when I go back home.

So, I've shared some of the foods that take me back to the good old days - do you have any?

No comments:

Post a Comment