Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Dream Lives On

One of my goals for 2010 was to make a quilt. Then I started working and I pretty much scrapped all of my goals for the year. But my dream to make a quilt is alive again.

Thanks to U Create, I found this blog that walks readers through making your first quilt. It is easy to follow and I love the idea of creating with others. It's like a support group!

Just after finding this blog, I talked to one of the women who lead a quilting club at my son's school. As I looked wistfully at the quilts students have completed this year, she told me they quilt at the school for about 6 hours every Saturday. Six hours? Wow! And she said they have enough supplies on hand that my first quilt would be free....

I'm trying to be realistic about my commitments, but I think I might give it a try this fall. If I do, I'll post progress pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment