Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do You Understand the Words that Are Coming Out of My Mouth?

These are some of the things I hear myself saying at school:


Real food first (I am both a librarian and a lunch lady)
Please sit on your backside
Good Morning!
Ladies and Gentlemen!
It is time for silent reading. If you are in line to check out, you should also be silent.
Nonfiction means numbers (for shelving in a library)
Fiction is fake (as opposed to nonfiction, which is fact)
Like people, not all books have an appendix
Chew, swallow, then talk
No, there is no quiz for Genius Files #2 yet
No, I don't have that book prepared for the library yet
No, that book is already checked out
K for Kinney (in answer to, "Do you have any Wimpy Kid books in")
That's a great story. I really liked that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment