Thursday, March 22, 2012

SAVOR: Cribbage

I don't remember a time when I didn't know how to play cribbage. 


I remember teacher work days when I would go to school with my dad while he kicked off or wrapped up a school year and I would play cribbage with him and the other teachers in the Teacher's Lounge. Dad even taught me to play cribbage solitaire so I could play any time.


When I was home last year, taking care of Dad while hospice was finding him a bed, we played two games one afternoon when he was pretty "with it." He needed a little help with the counting, but it was a semi-normal sort of moment and I have clung to it over and over in the last year.


Cribbage will always be a Dad thing. He taught me to play and one of the last positive memories I have of him is of the games we played that Wednesday afternoon together. Definitely something to SAVOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment