Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fresh Start?

I am a pack rat. I keep papers, articles, books, cards, notes, pictures.... You get the idea.

I am also an electronic pack rat. I keep extensive folders of emails so I can (in theory) find things later. But with 6 email accounts, it has gotten completely out of hand. Email has become oppressive. I tend to avoid it because I don't want to deal with all of it, but that just makes everything worse. I am seriously contemplating just deleting everything.

Everything.

And starting from scratch.

Have you ever done that? I'm trying to figure out if that is a good idea. I am just certain that the minute after I do it, I am going to want something I can no longer get. It's the thought process of a pack rat. And I know that if I do it, but don't develop a new email philosophy, I'll be right back in this spot a few months from now....

The fear of losing something important wars with the lure of complete electronic freedom.

Freedom. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment