Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ten Places to Travel as a Family

I have had some lovely experiences travelling with my family. I'd like to do it some more. Here are some places I'd like to go:


  • A cruise. I've never been on one, and the idea of traveling on all that water makes me nervous. But everyone I have talked to who has been on one has RAVED about the experience.
  • Europe. I've never been to France and I'd really like to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe some day. I'd also love to go to England (they produce such wonderful cross stitching magazines and I wonder if there are things I could find there that I can't find here) and Italy.
  • Washington DC. This was a trip we actually took this summer. We loved the whole experience!
  • Disney World. We've been twice before as a family, but it would be fun to go again - see how things have changed, enjoy it now that my son is a little older.
  • Football Hall of Fame. We are a football-loving family. I'd love to check out the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
  • Lambeau field. I would LOVE to go to a Packers game at Lambeau, but I would settle for another trip to training camp with a tour of the Hall of Fame and the Pro Shop.
  • Comic Con. We've become a comic loving family. The idea of seeing some of our favorite stars and enjoying the costumes and ambiance appeals to me.
  • Hawaii. I have a cousin in Hawaii and I'd love to go visit him.
  • Arizona. I have family there as well, plus I'd like my son to get to see the Grand Canyon!
  • BEA. Book Expo America. Not necessarily a family trip, although the conference usually takes place in NYC, which would be a great place to go as a family. And the idea of being surrounded by books and authors and publishers and booksellers and bloggers and book enthusiasts makes me giddy.



Have any recommendations for me? Good places you've been or places you'd like to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment