Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Ten Book Series (in process)

Since I am gearing up for a new school year, I'm going to take a break from regular blogging and post some "top ten" lists for a couple weeks until I get into a school routine. Today's list includes some of my favorite book series - both kids and adults - that are in process. These are the books I anxiously wait for, the ones I buy the second they are available. Here they are:

10.  Origami Yoda/Darth Paper/Fortune Wookie (which comes out today!) by Tom Angleberger - This is a fun series for kids about a boy who gives advice from an origami Yoda puppet.

9. NERDS (National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society) by Michael Buckley - This is a kids series about a group of nerds who have enhanced abilities based on their nerdy quirks and who use their abilities to save the world.

8. Red Blazer Girls by Michael Beil - Fun mystery series for older kids about a group of girls who solve puzzles about historical objects and the people they belonged to.

7. Brixton Brothers by Mac Barnett - Another mystery series for kids. The first one involved ninja librarians, so it is obviously a favorite for me.

6. Lunch Lady/Binky/Knights of the Lunch Table - these are three graphic novel series I love. The Lunch Lady books by Jarrett Krosoczka are about a lunch lady with super hero gadgets. Binky is a cat who's best friend is a toy mouse and who thinks the outside is outer space. Knights of the Lunch Table books are about a middle schooler named Arthur whose stories mirror the adventures of King Arthur. I love all of these!

5. Starfleet Academy books - I am a Trek fan, and I have really liked the new series for teens based on the Star Trek characters from the 2009 story line. The writers do a great job of capturing the voices of the characters from the movie.

4. Meg Laslow - this is a mystery series for adults by Donna Andrews. Meg is a fantastic character (strong female character, interesting job, quirky family) and the mysteries are great fun.

3. Piggie and Gerald books by Mo Willems - technically these aren't a series in that each story builds on the previous ones, but they are one of my favorite lines of books.

2. Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan - I think these books are the best of the three mythology series that Riordan has written. Book three of the series comes out in October.

1. Alien/Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch - This is a fun, sassy science fiction series for adults. I have the next three books on my To Buy list already, out into 2013. I will re-read these books almost as much as I re-read Harry Potter (which, btw, is not on the list because it is a closed series).


There's my list - do you have some favorite series? Do you have authors you stalk on Amazon until it says there's a new book coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment