Thursday, August 9, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Authors for Kids

Actually, I could only find 8 authors that really stood apart from the rest for me.


8. Megan McDonald - Judy Moody and her brother Stink were some of the first books for kids I fell in love with. My favorite Judy Moody is Judy Moody Goes to College and my favorite Stink book is Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker.

7. Dan Gutman - I haven't taken to his baseball series (not my game), but The Genius Files and the My Weird School series are a hit with me and with my students.

6. Wendy Mass - The Candymakers is one of my all time favorite books for kids, but I also have enjoyed her Twice Upon a Time books and her Willow Falls books

5. Andrew Clements - Frindle, No Talking, Lunch Money, School Story, The Landry News, Extra Credit, Lost and Found... Well, you get the idea. I love the school stories this man writes.

4. Tad Hills - between his Rocket books (Rocket Learns to Read, Rocket Writes a Story) and Duck and Goose (Duck and Goose; Duck, Duck, Goose) I have become a huge fan!

3. Rick Riordan - His mythology books are engrossing. My students love them - and so do I.

2. JK Rowling - Two words: Harry. Potter.

1. Mo Willems - I will read anything he writes, and will buy a good portion of his books, too.


Do you have a "go to" author? One you go back to time and time again?

No comments:

Post a Comment