Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#Bookaday Update June 18th

I'm still working on the #Bookaday challenge issued by Donalyn Miller and the folks at the Nerdy Book Club.

This week was uber-productive because I read a lot of picture books and early readers for school. Actually, I recorded all the picture books, but didn't even bother with the early readers - it felt too cheat-ish.

Here are last week's books:

June 10 - five picture books
June 11 - 29 picture books
June 12 - nothing
June 13 - nothing
June 14 - The Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked by Jarrett Krosoczka
Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked
June 15 - Galaxy Zack #1 and Amelia Bedelia (the new chapter books) #1
Hello, Nebulon! (Galaxy Zack Series #1)   Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book Series #1)
June 16 - The Good, the Bad and the Witchy by Heather Blake
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy (Wishcraft Mystery Series #3)

I find myself feeling guilty if I do too much reading on a week day when our house is a disaster area and needs so much attention. So those two days where I read nothing? I worked on the house. I did work on the other days, too, but I am trying to find some balance, like working during the normal school day hours and relaxing in the evenings. Hopefully I'll find a good rhythm soon so I can enjoy my summer and my reading with more joy and less guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment