Tuesday, June 11, 2013

#Bookaday update

By the time this posts, I hope to have the library closed down for the summer. When I left work on Thursday, the office was cleaned out and ready for business in August. The library itself, though, needed a few more projects done. Hopefully by now, Tuesday, it's all finished and I am officially on summer break.

Since I made good progress last week and had to go in for a meeting on Monday, I took Friday off and spent the whole day reading. So, I decided to kick my #bookaday (use this hashtag on Twitter to see what other folks are reading) challenge off a few days early. I know most of the teachers and librarians participating in this are reading kids books - either WITH their kids or for their work, but I was in the middle of a re-read of the Alien series by Gini Koch, so I kept working through those this weekend. I'm not sure what I'm going to read this week - I have so many choices I almost don't know where to start. So, here's my update through Sunday:

June 7 - day 1 - Alien Diplomacy  by Gini Koch
June 8 - day 2 - Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch
June 9 - day 3 - Alien in the House by Gini Koch.


It's been nice reading grown-up books for awhile after the reading blitz I did during the final quarter of the school year (In a contest with other teachers, I earned 474 AR points from April 8th through May 17th.). I may stick with the adult titles for another week or so before digging into my kids lists. We'll see.

So, what are you reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment