Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sugar

The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks

I downloaded a sample of this book on my Nook a week or so ago, and after reading the sample, I downloaded the whole book and read it "cover to cover" so to speak. The research was very interesting (I'll be reviewing the book on my other blog in July). So, this past weekend I decided to give the whole thing a shot.

The idea is to limit carbohydrates to help your body's natural response to sugars re-set and not over work. So on Saturday and Sunday, I ate a lot of protein and green veggies and counted my carb calories (carb grams times 4). In some of the materials from the author's website, he talks about a modification for women over 40 (yes, that would be me) where you do a max of 100 sugar calories for 2 days and 500 for the next five days and then back to 100. Let me tell you, by Sunday afternoon I was waiting for the "freedom" of Monday - and some bread.

I was surprised by how much I craved sugar. I could just taste a piece of chocolate. I wanted to munch on bread. I even limited diet Pepsi and the flavored water I like because there are some questions about artificial sweeteners tricking the body into thinking it has ingested sugar and reacting accordingly. I had enough "calories" left Saturday night for ONE chocolate covered caramel by Skinny Cow (I LOVE these things - but they come in a pack of three and one full pack is 72 of my 100 carb calories.) - I ate it in the smallest bites imaginable so that it lasted.

I figure I will try eating like this for a few weeks and see how it feels. It definitely has me thinking about food and sugar differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment