Saturday, July 27, 2013

Who Am I that You Are Mindful of Me?

Who am I that You are mindful of me?
     I am a mess
     I am broken
     I may seem confident on the outside but You and I know the truth.
     Fear lurks beneath the surface. Anxiety churns.
          Desperate to figure it all out, to get it all right,
          yet failing time and time again because
          what I seek is never going to be found in me.

Yet knowing all this, despite all this, You still speak to me. You show me me.
     You challenge my facade with the truth we both know is there.
     And You draw out what is better.

Who am I that You are mindful of me?
     That You would take the time to show me truth and encourage growth
          that will come at a snail's pace,
          teaching lessons that will have to be taught
          again and again?

How is it that I am not so hopeless for You,
     Creator of the Universe,
     to even bother with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment