Thursday, March 10, 2011

BONUS BLOG: Perfect Timing

Just as I was planning my blog entry about Proverbs 31 Ministries, I discovered they are hosting a "contest" of sorts.

Proverbs 31 hosts a conference in July called She Speaks. There are conference tracks for public speaking, writing, and leadership. The folks at Proverbs 31 are offering two scholarships for the conference. You can go here for more information about the scholarships.

When I saw the scholarship announcement, I thought it was too good to be true. In my research on the ministry, I had looked at the She Speaks site and read about the sessions offered. I'm not sure which track sounds more interesting to me. The Storytelling pre-conference workshop sounds awesome! Some of the writing conferences are similar to other classes that I have taken, so I thought I might try some speaking sessions if I would be lucky enough to attend. I am getting to know the names of some of the devotional writers for Proverbs 31. The idea of meeting some of them would be exciting, too.

But I knew we couldn't afford it. I work under a grant that will end some time this year. We have household expenses, school tuition and other obligations waiting for some attention. So, I closed my browser with a sigh and focused instead on all the things I can gain from the site and the ministry staff from home (It's No Secret Bible Study, Made to Crave daily posts, daily devotions, etc.)

But now I have a chance to go - and you can, too! If you have a blog , and you can work quickly, you can apply for the scholarship (yes, I know that means you'll be "competing" with me to go, but there are going to be SCADS of people applying. I trust that the right folks will be chosen. So, take a chance with me!). Actually, if you don't have a blog, they have an option for you, too. Go here for details - but hurry! The deadline is tomorrow, Friday March 11th.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment