Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Narrow but Deep

I recently described my husband's interests as "narrow but deep." He loves the NFL. That's really the only "hobby" he enjoys. He listens to football podcasts, faithfully visits ProFootballTalk, watches NFL network (thus our ridiculously high cable bill every month), reads fantasy football magazines, watches the combine and draft, and tweets about football.

My interests, on the other hand, are broad. I often can't decide if I want to read a book, cross stitch, blog, read my Nook, read other blogs, make cards, mess with photographs, write, do logic puzzles, or read a magazine (usually about books or writing or cross stitch or other crafts). In some ways, I love having so many interests. I can take time off from one thing in order to enjoy something else. I am rarely "bored." In fact, sometimes I feel like I have too many choices and I can't decide what I want to do with my finite about of free time.

What about you? What are your interests, passions or hobbies? Are your interests broad, like mine, or narrow and deep like my husband's?

No comments:

Post a Comment