Saturday, March 26, 2011

Scrapbook Squares

I used to scrapbook obsessively (If you've been reading along the last week or so, this will not surprise you!). Then I learned that every photo, every moment does not require a two-page spread.

This was a great relief to me. The downside to that revelation, though, is that I felt so relieved that I just stopped scrapbooking all together. I still bought the supplies that "spoke" to me ("Oh, that paper would work well with our basket ball pictures") and I printed the pictures. But they have just been piling up for "some day."

"Some day" has still not arrived. But I have started making these pages for the time being.





The more I look at these, the more I like them. Simple. Shows change over time, or the faces of a family. No stories, which is an important piece, but it is a start. Interesting how much you can capture in a square inch.

2 comments:

  1. I love 2x2s. I feel like I don't have to sacrifice the images that I believe are important, but I don't feel obligated to figure out how to use a bunch of full size photos. I like these layouts. Well done. (And you feel like you really have something accomplished, too.)

    -- Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sense of accomplishment is key!

    ReplyDelete