Saturday, February 11, 2012

Epic Cookie Fail

Super cute, right? We have talked about getting these cookie cutters for awhile and finally bought them when we saw them in person one day. I was waiting for a chance to use them when our youth group announced a cookie walk fundraiser. We were to bake the cookies and then members of the congregation would pay $5 for a baker's dozen. (Brilliant, by the way! A fantastically fun idea.)


So, after a long week of school and three days of basketball events and a visit from my in-laws, I found myself baking cookies on a Saturday afternoon.






We were stoked! These were going to be a great contribution to the cookie walk at church.


Then I baked them.


That's how Yoda came out. A vague blob. I hadn't planned to ice them because the samples on the box are so intricate. I don't have the patience for that. I wanted the details to just stay in the cookie. #epicfail


The cookie cutters came with a cookie recipe. We'll try that some time to see if those hold their shape better. But after 2 hours of baking blobs, I did not have time to start from scratch, so we switched to iced sugar cookies and hoped our offering wouldn't be too lame for the cookie walk. I'll let you know if we figure out a better cookie base to use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment